I’m Loving the Twitter Periscope vs Meerkat app competition because it’s empowering faster innovation and feature enhancements but it’s also feeding into my FOMO
On April 8th I had over 1,000 people listen to me on #Meerkat for an hour talking about my newest blog post about 14 Twitter Tools and as soon as the #Periscope update was released today I jumped on it to test but sadly it’s still missing 3 of the features it must have for me to jump completely off of Meerkat….
so what I’m learning is I feel like a kid on christmas waiting daily for the app store to refresh and update one of these two apps….
It’s too early to call one a winner and I like the updates in today’s periscope 1.0.2 release but periscope must add two features for me ever to switch:
- Stream Scheduling (24 hour windows)
- Scrollable Comments that don’t disappear in .5 seconds
- Twitter Embeds of videos, links, landing page & comments!
TIME WILL TELL….. For now I’m embracing my Fear of Missing Out and enjoying the debate via live stream!
Follow me on #Meerkat here to join the conversation: http://meerkatapp.co/isocialfanz
Watch the video here:
(If you want to watch the Meerkat from earlier today or any of my past meerkats I setup a landing page for all of them here: http://www.isocialfanz.com/Meerkat)
Latest posts by Brian Fanzo (see all)
- #SB50disrupt Live Streaming at the Fan Energy Zone Powered by SAP - January 28, 2016
- Why Social Video’s Biggest Impact Will Be On Collaboration Not Marketing & Sales! - January 12, 2016
- SMACtalk: 2016 Technology, Gadget and Geek Preview! - January 2, 2016